Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Milestone

For as long as I can remember I have been a size 10 or 12 depending on the brand of pants. In the past 2 weeks I have noticed more than before that my pants don't fit. I have what I like to call saggy ass in the back, where the fabric just hangs down my leg. Trust me it looks as hot as it sounds.

So yesterday David and I decided we needed to go buy new pants. He needed some khakis for work, and I need any pair that fit even a little bit. I was REALLY NERVOUS to go to to shop. Even though I knew my 10s and 12s didn't fit anymore I was terrified I would get to the store and I would have to buy the same size again and see no change. What if my pants didn't fit just because they had been stretched out or worn to much? That can happen right?

So I get to TJ Maxx and start looking. I decided to shop in the women's section. Other than the fact that I am 25 and too old to shop in juniors, they only come in 7/9/11 and the 11s look like women's 6s. I was really not interested in pants that barely cover anything (low riders are the devil). I grabbed a pair of pants in a 10 and the same pair in an 8. They were navy blue and super cute so I figured I would give it a shot. The 10s were so big they looked like I was wearing a tulle skirt underneath. So I tried the 8s and they fit much better! No muffin top either (score!!).

New section!! I like single digits
I went on to try on more clothes all in 8s! I even tried on 2 pairs in 8s that were too big!!

I ended up buying 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of shorts. It was much more fun that I had anticipated and it's really hitting home to see the change in other areas of my life other than just on the scale. So don't be scared when you have to buy new clothes!! Just go and have a good time and enjoy the pay off from all your hard work!

Emma

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, girl. Going down a pant size is seriously one of the best feelings ever. :P

    ReplyDelete